Thursday, May 8, 2008

Waterfall

There comes a time when we must depart from the stark reality of daily life to enjoy the wonders of the minds of children. My 10 year old granddaughter Brianna's birthday is just a day apart from mine and we often draw on our similarities. She, like me is outspoken. I have also discovered that she has a love for writing, as I do.

"Waterfall" is only one of her short stories she has authored and I would like to share a part of it with you.

Waterfall....by Brianna Maclean

One day while in the Amazon, I heard a clashing of water. I followed the sound as if I were a cat following a mouse.

I walked long enough to see the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It was a rushing waterfall. The steam was flowing up in the air and around my feet. The smell of fresh moist air made me sweat.

I went up to the waterfall and touched the wet rock and ran my hands up and down the slimy, smooth surface. I could taste the misty air go into my lungs as I breathed.

I pulled out my camera and took a few pictures and then wrapped a piece of cloth around the tree to mark it. I did that because I knew I would be back in a few weeks.

To be continued......

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.