Thursday, December 3, 2009

Robert Geroux Sr


There is no death. . .Only a change of worlds. . .Only a change of worlds.
Author Unknown..
..

Sault Tribe member, passed away last night, December 2, 2009. Mr. Geroux will be remembered as a good man..a caring man.

The funeral will be held at:

Uht Funeral Home
35400 Glenwood Road
Westland, MI 48186
Visitation: Friday 12/4, 1-9 p.m. Services: Saturday 12/5 11:30 a.m.

See obituary


THE CHIEF
Written by Kristi Jones, granddaughter of Robert Sr.

Grandpa is the leader, the wise one and the Chief,
He's done so much in his life, it's practically beyond belief.

When we moved to Boston he loaded a house full of stuff into a pea size truck,
And wished us a hearty farewell and all the best of luck.

He came again to see us and to help us move again,
This time to New York, and as always with a grin.
We had such fun when they'd come and see us, walking and visiting sites,
Or heading over to Felipe's to grab a few burrito bites.
When we'd get a break from school, we'd come and walk around the lake,
We'd visit and do puzzles and have all the bread he could bake.

He always had the strength and worked harder than anyone,
Was always lending a helping hand and sure knew how to have fun.

We truly love our grandpa, the leader and the Chief.
He's done so much more in his life than he has belief.
But it is true and I hope he knows it now,
The love and kindness he has brought and his eternal Pow-wow!
Granddaughter
Kristi Jones


NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autum rain.
When you wake in the morning hush.
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight of night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.