Tuesday, January 19, 2010

REMEMBER THIS...?

St. Ignace News...Front Page...May 10, 2007
"A secretarial election to poll members about the proposed amendment was conducted by the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) and called for by Todd K. Gravelle, Unit I board representative. He said concerns about corruption led him to ask the board for a membership vote about the issue six times."

"...it appears I have a lot of support within my unit," Mr. Paquin (former Sault Tribe police chief) said. "But this takes a choice away from the voter. If the voters want to vote for somebody - and they know where we are employed - it is their right to do so. I have never been involved in a conflict of interest. If [a board decision] involves law enforcement, I don't vote, I step back..."

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.