Thursday, January 24, 2008

TWO WOLVES

One evening an Elder Chippewa told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two"wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The Elder Chippewa simply replied, "The one you feed."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bruning and I have since become friends because we listened to one another. All too often we judge, unfairly, those we don't know based on a difference in opinion. Angry words spoken can become difficult obstacles to overcome. We politely exchanged ideas and spoke of our differences and found that those differences were really similarities. Polite discussion broke down a wall and now we laugh instead.
Thank you for giving me this opportunity to express those thoughts. I hope that others give it a try.
Hi Tommer!
Lynne Weaver

Anonymous said...

I got your number....IP# that is. I will be talking to Charter Communications about you as well as Google. You have been reported. By the way...I have a tracker on this blog. I know who is on it and I can map you right to your location with a picture of your house. I know how many times you are on here as well as the date and time. I know how many times you have been on here everyday. You seem obsessed. Hope you are having fun. You are labeled and have been on this site 23 times today and 49 times since 1-14. Your IP is 71.13.230.219, you have windows XP, resolution 800 x 600, browser MSIE 7.0....want to know more?

Lynne Weaver said...

The message from Blog Watcher was the result of numerous nasty posts that have since been deleted.
Thanks "Blog Watcher"

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.