Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Bouschorists a Shoo In Through Election Fraud

Apparently I am no longer registered to vote in the Sault Tribe election along with many others that have supported Payment....or should I say, have not supported the Bouschorists. Several tribal members have been checking their status and have found that they are no longer registered to vote. They didn't 'unregister', there were no new rules that everyone had to re-register.

I had to argue with Joanne Carr to receive an announcement of election and almost 2 months have passed and I still have not received it. She didn't think I should get one because she said I moved. I didn't change my address with the tribe and I didn't change it on my driver's license either. I do travel back and forth between Sault Ste. Marie and Traverse City but there is no rule in the Sault Tribe constitution that prohibits tribal members from travelling if they want to remain a registered voter. There are no rules that say members can't have the packet containing the election announcement unless Joanne Carr says they can. Joanne Carr seems to be manipulating my right to vote. No wonder she was so concerned that I was going to run for director. She would have had to reregister me.

Several other tribal members have checked their status only to find that they are no longer registered to vote in the next election. They also have not made any changes to their address nor have they given up their membership in the Sault Tribe. Some have registered and then registered again only to find out that they are still not registered. My son and daughter, who both live in the Sault, discovered that they are no longer registered voters. They don't involve themselves in tribal politics but are likely influenced by my opinion therefore have had their right to vote taken away by whom....?

For the last several years, many have complained about the ethics of several members on the election committee....specifically Mike McKerchie. He is ultimately responsible for these acts of fraud against the members. No more playing with words to save the feelings of those who are delegated to ensure a fair election. They can gasp and sputter all they want. They can whine and cry their phoney tears and make me out to be the biggest B___ in the tribe but it appears to me and many others that they cheat. I just have the guts to say it out loud.

McKerchie is cheating the members out of their right to vote. Joanne Carr is cheating the members out of their right to vote. Numbers are being manipulated, hundreds of members are being dropped from the list of registered voters, some employees of the tribe have been dropped from the list and voters who have tried to register for months are still not registered. There is no other explanation other than the person responsible for voter registration...or unregistration....is cheating. It is fraud against the members of this tribe. It is manipulation of the vote.

What can we do about it? I know what I am going to do. Several of the suddenly unregistered members will be sending their letter of complaint to the Secretary of Interior, the BIA, and the FBI. Some said we should give that letter to the Sault Tribe Board of Directors but if they didn't care before, they sure don't care now.

Today, the Greektown Board gave Greektown back to the Greeks (and Bouschor) and the Sault Tribe members have no say in the matter. Of course, they say it is only a small percentage but how long will it be before the Sault Tribe is voted off the Greektown board? Cathy Abramson, Lana Causley, DJ Hoffman, and Joe Eitrem (am I missing anyone) sold the Sault Tribe members out to the Greeks for 1/4 of what they were offered for Greektown by another group that attempted to make an offer a year ago. Now do you see why they wanted Aaron Payment out as CEO? They needed the right people to agree to sell out the membership and they achieved their goal.

Just a few months from now, the Bouschorists will take over the tribe by way of cheating, many will be fired. and others will lose any benefits they now enjoy. The At-large and Mackinac members will likely be disenrolled. They know they can't cheat by the same method they did before but a true criminal will always find a way.

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.