Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lynne’s Blueberry Sort of Like Muffins

½ cup or so of Canola oil

½ cup, give or take a tablespoon or 2 of applesauce
(to replace some of the oil and cut down on the fat)

1 ¼ cups Splenda and the remains of a bottle of honey
(I think there was about ¼ cup in the bottle)

2 eggs…oops. Didn’t have my glasses on, thought it
said 3 so used the only 2 real eggs I had in the frig
and dumped about 1/4 cup of the fake stuff in …you
know the kind that comes in a little milk carton.

1 cup milk but I didn't have any so I used almost 1 cup
plain yogurt and about 1/3 cup water.

3 cups flour…I use whole wheat

1/2 cup Flax seed

1 tsp soda

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

Take a fork and mix lightly, the flour with other
dry ingredients because I forgot to sift them together
before I dumped them on top the wet ingredients.

Now, take the same fork and dig down in the bottom of the
bowl and try to beat the eggs with the oil, applesauce,
yogurt and water because I forgot to cream those ingredients
together before I threw in the unsifted dry ingredients.

Mix in 2 cups blueberries but I used about 2 ½ (maybe more)
since I went blueberry picking today and they were huge and
all over the place. Make sure you rinse them well and remove
drowned spiders.

Batter should be kind of thick, probably because of all the
changes I made in the recipe.

Oh yeah, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill muffin cups
over the top since the batter is too heavy to puff up much
and bake for about 20-25 minutes but I wasn’t really paying
attention so if they lift easily out of the muffin cups then
they are probably done. They will look chunky because they are.

I don’t know how it happened but they turned out being very
light but not crumbly. I don’t use butter or margarine but go
ahead if you want….but they were amazingly good just plain so
I am going to deliver some to my friends tomorrow, partly
because I ended up with 2 dozen muffins.

Lastly. good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy, make some for the feast :)

Anonymous said...

cant wait to try them

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.