Tuesday, April 2, 2013

STINKIN' UTILITY COMPANIES....First in a Series


After being told that some people are receiving an extra $25.00 credit on their Charter services that were out on Easter Sunday, I called Charter to ask for mine instead of the lousy $2.96 they offered me. Maybe the difference is that my bill is only $95.00 a month?

My phone was out an extra day so I had to use my cell and more than 2 hours worth of cell minutes to communicate with Charter. It also meant I had to plug and unplug and push buttons and wait and do it again. They suggested I disconnect the box and all the equipment tied to it and bring it in for an exchange at my local Charter. My response was that they should send someone to do it since it's not my equipment, I'm only renting it and it's broke. They said if they had to send someone, they would charge me $45.00. So if I fixed it myself then they would owe me $45.00, right? Nope, it doesn't work that way. When I continued to press why I would be charged if they fixed it but I wouldn't get paid if I fixed it, the guy copped an attitude with me. I reminded him that I am the customer and he really needed to remember that. 

Why do these utility companies think they can act like A-holes when they don't provide the service, overcharge whenever they can get away with it and then tell you that you have a contract that YOU have to abide by, but apparently you have no right to complain when they fail to uphold their end.

Charter...you suck and my revenge is my inability to keep quiet when I get ripped off or treated like my money doesn't mean squat to you.


And one more thing....hire Americans instead of people in other countries who can barely speak English because they work dirt cheap!

No comments:

Our right to make changes through referendum is the one voice we have left....use it.